Setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender is an easy and effective way to access blazing-fast and stable internet signal throughout the home. You are on the perfect guide if you came here in search for how to set up your Netgear range extender. By setting up the extender, you will be able to access the existing home network. Once the extender setup is done, you can easily access its network using Netgear_ext SSID. The entire Netgear extender setup is quite easy and can be done without much technical expertise. However, still a lot people face issues during the process. This very post is going to give you a clear picture of how a new extender setup is performed. Stick to reading to know various methods using which you can set up your extender without any fuss. Here we begin.
Prerequisites: Netgear Extender Setup
Before moving ahead with the new extender setup process, let us know about the necessary requirements to perform the setup. Here they are:
- Netgear range extender
- Trouble-free power supply
- Reliable and stable internet connection
- Ethernet cable
Are you ready after going through all the above prerequisites? If you are nodding your head in yes, then without further ado, let’s get started with new extender setup.
Netgear Extender Setup Through Manual Method
We will commence the Netgear extender setup procedure with the manual method. This method is also known as Netgear extender setup using web-based interface. Let us see how it goes:
- Unbox your new Netgear range extender. Be watchful of any user manuals, accessories, cables, etc. in the box.
- Plug in your extender to an active power socket using the same power adapter that came along with the Netgear extender in the box. Use a damage-free power adapter if you haven’t received any.
- Turn the power on and you will notice LEDs flickering on the device.
- Once the LEDs are lit, fetch an Ethernet cable to connect one of its ends in your Netgear range extender and the second end to the router. Be certain that there are no loose connections.
- Grab a computer or a laptop and launch any web browser of your choice. We vouch for using a web browser running on its latest version to avoid any hindrance in the setup process.
- In the address bar of the browser, type the Netgear admin login web address, i.e. www.mywifiext.net without making any typing errors.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will be navigated to the Netgear extender login page.
- Enter carefully the default username and password in the designated fields and click on the Log In button.
- You will land on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Follow the prompts carefully to get the Netgear extender setup done.
This is how you can achieve new extender setup success using the manual method. If you have any doubts while doing Netgear extender setup, then you can contact our highly-profounf technical team to get the job done in an easy manner.
Netgear Extender Setup Via Nighthawk App
The Nighthawk app is the application that makes it easier for Netgear users to manage and control their WiFi devices and their networks efficiently. This particular application is available for all Androidand iOS phones. You just have to download it on your phone to begin managing your Netgear WiFi range extender. The Netgear extender setup using the Nighthawk app can be done as follows:
- Take your mobile phone and tap on the Play Store or App Store icon depending on your phone’s OS.
- Type Nighthawk app in the search field.
- Download the app.
- Once it is downloaded and installed, launch it by tapping on its icon.
- You will be prompted to enter the default Netgear extender admin username and password. Type them carefully into their corresponding fields. If you have no idea about your default Netgear admin login credentials, then refer to the user manual that came along with the Netgear extender.
- Tap Log In.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will welcome you.
- Simply, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete new extender setup.
Finally, we move to the last and most convenient method to do the Netgear extender setup.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Method
Though this method is the easiest way to perform Netgear extender setup, this is valid only for WPS enabled router. Let us see how the setup is done using the WPS method:
- Power on your Netgear range extender by plugging it into a working power wall socket.
- Look for the WPS button on it.
- Press the button.
- Now, locate the WPS button on the router.
- Press it.
This completes the Netgear extender setup process. You can now easily access the extender’s network using Netgear_ext SSID.
Here, we put an end to our guide about various methods using which you can do the setup. Under any circumstances, if you have not been able to perform Netgear extender setup, feel free to get in touch with our technicians for support.